I am back with a review of a new launch by Nykaa Cosmetics, that is the Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation. It is available in 15 shades which are specially curated for Indian skin tones.
Nykaa Cosmetics have taken a good initiative to make this foundation range inclusive by introducing 15 shades which cater to fair, wheatish and dusky skin tones. But by seeing the entire shade range we can find that there is still some room for dusky skin tones. So, it is definitely not all-inclusive. However, their step in this direction is highly commendable.
Now, coming to the Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation review.
- Formulated with triple active action formula and antioxidants, this hydra base foundation creates a natural shield to protect your skin from ever-increasing pollution.
- Anti-Oxidants and Vegetable Glycerine provide deep hydration and support skin elasticity.
- African Enantia Clorantha Bark extract gives an efficient oil control formula.
- Luxurious matte and natural finish.
- Seamless buildable coverage.
- Tightens the skin by reducing the pore size.
Ingredients List Of Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation
Price & Quantity
Rs. 799 for 30ml.
2.5 years from the date of manufacture.
You can buy from here:
The Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation comes in a black rectangular cardboard box packaging which has all the important information about the product. The actual product comes in a matte black squeeze tube with a flip-top cap. You can see the shade of the foundation through a thin band provided at the bottom of the tube. The packaging is clean, cute and travel-friendly.
Texture & Fragrance
The foundation has a creamy texture which settles into a matte finish. It is easy to blend and has buildable coverage.
The Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation has a chemical fragrance which fades away after applying the product on the face.
My Experience With The Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation
I have fair skin with warm or yellow undertones so I chose the shade 02 Very Vanilla of the foundation, which matches perfectly to my skin tone. I tried this foundation bare-faced without applying any moisturizer, primer, and concealer. On applying the foundation, it felt very light on the skin and blended quite easily.
It has medium buildable coverage which can hide small imperfections. The foundation also covered my undereye circles to some extent. I layered it around my undereye area 2-3 times and it didn’t feel cakey or patchy at all.
I have oily acne prone skin so I didn’t prep up my skin before applying the foundation and it didn’t make my skin stretchy and kept it hydrated. Plus, it didn’t break me out.
The foundation settled into a super matte finish which is a boon for oily skinned beauties. But to be honest I personally don’t like the super matte look so this is one thing I didn’t like about it.
However, the Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation does keep my skin oil free for good 7 to 8 hours. After that, I started seeing a little oil on my nose and my cheeks. So, its definitely long wearing. It also helped minimize my pores to some extent. But it creased a little bit on my smile lines after so many hours.
This is how it looks on me:
One thing more, I do think that this foundation oxidizes a little. Though it will not make you look grey or orangey, it will adapt to your skin tone.
Now coming to its anti-pollution claim. To be honest I can’t really comment on this at present as to test this out you need to wear it quite a few times and remain in the open for a few hours. If then also your skin does not feel dull, dehydrated or exhausted than the claims seems to be true.
Pros Of The Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation
- Creamy texture that blends easily.
- Medium to buildable coverage.
- Matte finish.
- Feels light on the skin.
- Layering it up does not give a cakey or patchy look.
- Long wearing.
- Keeps skin hydrated and support skin elasticity.
- Controls oil, will not break you out.
- Help reduce pore size to some extent.
- Suits almost all skin types.
- May shield against environmental pollution.
Cons Of The Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation
- Oxidizes a bit.
- Though it falls true to all its claims still I think it’s a little over-priced.
- Extremely dry skinned beauties need to moisturize and prime their skin before applying the foundation.
Overall, I liked the foundation very much and would recommend buying this as it delivers on all of its claims.
So, tell me in the comments below will you give the newly launched Nykaa Skinshield Anti-Pollution Matte Foundation a try?
Please Note: Its a PR sample. However, my opinion remains honest and unbiased.